2017 has arrived! Another new year is here and for those of us big thinkers, it’s another year to get closer to your goals. Before I give you a few success tips, I want to let you know now that you’re a rare breed. The average person cannot implement these success tips listed below and won’t even understand some of them. However, if you fall into that 2-3% of the population who thinks BIG, this will be perfect for you.
12 Success Tips To Help You Thrive In 2017
– I wanted to start with this one, because to be honest, if you don’t believe in yourself, it’s going to significantly hold you back. If YOU don’t even believe in yourself, who else is? You must know for certain you CAN reach your goals. You WILL work as hard as you can. No more doubts, no more question marks. You’re extremely talented and were born with a ton of talent, I’m sure people close to you have already told you this. You KNOW you’re capable, so get after it! 2017 is here, and now is the time to believe in yourself like never before. Go out and get it, you know you can do it.
– Of all the success tips listed here, I’m sure this one is the most obvious. The thing with working hard is even if you think you’re working hard or you tell other people about how hard you work, if you don’t ACTUALLY work hard, it will show. You cannot cheat hard work. You MUST put in the time to achieve those massive goals you set for yourself (you have set goals, right?). If you aren’t willing to be obsessed with your craft, you will forever be competing with others who do things full steam. Unfortunately, they will leave you in the dust, that’s how it works. However, if you put the peddle to the medal and go all out, you will be rewarded with results. If you’ve been slacking or not giving it your all, 2017 is another chance to get moving.
– It’s pretty tough to go somewhere if you don’t know where it is you’re going. You need to have a vision! You need to have a plan! Knowing where you are going will make it a heck of a lot easier to actually get there. It’s extremely important to map out your journey. Sure, things could change, but at least you have the foundation. When you just “wing it” all the time, you are asking to get lost. Establish a vision and never look back, because you’re on your way.
– If you have lofty goals and you aren’t focused, good luck. You can’t have your mind somewhere else and expect to give your best performance. It doesn’t matter what your career entails, it’s true across the board. Lack of focus means lack of results. Keep your eye on the prize and don’t get distracted by things that will not help you reach your ultimate destination. Every time you lose focus, it’s a set back. It’s now going to take you even longer to reach your goals. No more half focus, give priority to your dreams and remained focus on what you strive to achieve.
– It really bugs me when I ask someone if they’ve read a certain book and I get the response, “I don’t really like to read.” Really? You don’t like to read? Well, here is a news flash; I don’t like to read either, but I still do it! If you’re striving to be the best you, and don’t bother continuing to grow as a person, you won’t get where you want to go. That’s like someone who really wants to whiten their teeth, but they don’t even brush them. Silly, right? It’s the same logic. You say you want to be extremely successful, but you don’t bother continuing to learn? That doesn’t add up. Oh, and by the way, there are other ways to self grow. Things such as audio books and YouTube videos. Stop with the excuses and start soaking up knowledge, unless you’re okay with never reaching your goals and being average.
– I hate to be the one to break it to you, but reaching big goals is extremely difficult. Along the way, you will encounter hurdles, run into road blocks, and you’ll need to ward off a bunch of land mines planted to blow you to pieces. It’s a battlefield out there, and the only way to survive is with extreme persistence. You have to keep pushing when times get tough. If you don’t continue to fight, you’ll end up getting knocked out. Also, please understand that EVERYONE faces hard times on the way to big success. It’s not easy out there and you have to be ready for the inevitable issues that are thrown at you. Persist your way through them all and you’ll find the other side of the success tunnel is pretty incredible.
Take Some Risks
– If you think you’re going to achieve amazing things by never taking any risks, you are going to be sadly disappointed. To reach great levels of success, you must take some chances. Always playing it safe will leave you with the rest of the average people who have never taken any risks, I’m not saying it’s always easy, but I am saying that it’s necessary at times. If you want to leave your job and start the business of your dreams, you’ll need to take a chance. Nothing great is going to fall into your lap without you ever taking a risk. 2017 is the perfect year for you to finally step up to the plate, take a chance on the next pitch, and hit yourself a home run.
Set Some Goals
– I think mentioning goal setting in this list of success tips is important. It’s always a good idea if you have something to strive for. It’s been proven time and time again that setting goals for yourself, your career, and your life, drastically improve the chances you will be successful. Do you want to make $1,000,000 this year? Do you want to find the man or woman of your dreams? Do you hope to take your career to the next level? Figure out where you want to be in certain aspects of your life and write them down. Don’t just work to work, work with aspirations of achieving your set goals. With that said, if you don’t already have goals set for the year 2017, it’s time to set some. Right now!
Learn From Failures & Mistakes
– We can’t have a list of success tips without bringing up the importance of learning from past experiences. You’re going to mess up. You’re going to fail. You’re going to go the wrong way. However, when you do screw up, don’t panic! EVERYONE messes up! Let me say that again, everyone messes up!!!! The key to it all is LEARNING from your mistakes and failures! If you continue to make the same mistake over and over again, it’s obvious you aren’t learning anything. You haven’t taken the time to understand why you failed and then figured out how to avoid it the next time. If you want to achieve great success, start learning from everything you don’t do correct.
– If you are looking for negativity in your life, it will find you easily. If you’re looking for positivity, it will find you, too. Which one would you prefer? Seems like an obvious answer, but yet so many people struggle to remain positive. It’s very important that you keep your spirits up, because negativity has so many adverse effects that will hurt you over and over again. Find the good in not-so-good situations. If you want to achieve your goals, it’s extremely important to always remain positive and keep the belief in yourself. No more negative Nancy in 2017!
Surround Yourself With Good People
– I’m sure you’ve heard it before, you’re the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Another one is, birds of a feather flock together. The reason you’ve heard these things is because they are TRUE! If you want to build your business, start hanging around other experienced business people! If you want to establish a more consistent positive attitude, get the negative people out of your life! If you spend all your time with people who don’t have nearly the aspirations that you have, it will rub off on you. No matter how much you want to believe that’s not true, well, I’m sorry, it is. Make 2017 the year that you cut out the people who bring you down and spend more time with the people that raise you up.
Network Like Crazy
– I know you just finished reading 11 other success tips, but please don’t neglect this one! I will tell you right now, the number one thing that has contributed to me building a successful company is networking. It’s not about what you know, it’s about who you know. I know you’ve heard that one, too. It’s extremely true, especially in the year 2017! People are much more likely to hire you for that job, do business with you, or help you out with a project if you have a relationship with them! Do you think the CEO of ABC Company is more likely to take a call from a random person trying to reach him or her, or from his cousin’s friend who asked to hop on the phone for a few minutes. Obviously, the second one! Make friends, connect dots, and leave a good impression everywhere you go (maintain your integrity too!). The more people you know, the more likely you will have someone in your network you can go to in order to help you achieve a specific task. For those who “don’t like to talk to people,” sorry, but you will get left behind. Someone else will make friends with that person that could have helped you land the big project while you sat back. 2017 has arrived, so make it the year that you meet as many people as you possibly can. I promise you, it will pay off.
We’re done! That is all I have for you right now, but don’t worry, I’ll be back with more success tips soon enough! Ultimately, your success is in your hands. Use the new year as a fresh start if you’re looking to make improvements to your life. If you’re already having great success in your life, let’s crank it up a notch in 2017. Either way, use these success tips to your advantage. If I can help you in anyway, please feel free to reach out! With that said, I hope you have the BEST year of your life in 2017 and get closer to your goals than ever before. Cheers!